Homeowners Assistance Fund

December 21, 2021

The LDF-CHA will continue to facilitate a HAF Pilot until the CHA exhausts the 10% of  HAF funds we have already received or until the CHA receives the remaining 90% of our allocated funds.

To qualify and receive assistance from the the Homeowners Assistance Fund applicants MUST be in arrears for each type of assistance the applicant elects to receive.   

Applicants must submit ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION.  Applications submitted without any of these required documents or incomplete application portions WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED,  INCOMPLETE APPLICATOINS WILL NOT BE FILED FOR REVIEW, NO EXCEPTIONS.

All necessary statements and or bills must be current and reflect homeowner's name and physical address.   Any statements and bills containing a $0 balance or account credit is inelegible to receive financial assistance.

Due to the limited amount of funding awarded to the LDF-CHA, HAF programming is available to Lac du Flambeau Tribal members living ON the reservation only.  

The Emergency Rental Assistance (ERA) Program and the Homeowners Assistance Fund (HAF) are two completely different service programs with two separate sources of funding.   The program qualifications are more stringent for the HAF program than they are for the ERA Program, specifically program eligibility.  Income is a determining factor regarding an applicants eligibility, to receive assistance through the HAF program applicants MUST be at or below 150% of the Area Median for their household size.  If their income had been reduced due to reasons related to the pandemic but their income is still over the 150% AMI, the applicant does not qualifiy for services

Please go to the DOCUMENTS tab; sub-section "Homeowners Assistance Fund" for an application